Wednesday 15 February 2017

Art 101 - Creating Textured Background

This page was inspired by a Get Messy tutorial ... I started creating the background with yellow & bronze acrylic, applied with a credit card. I created some texture by partially leaving the credit card flat against the wet paint & lifting it off the page, but after it dried, the texture was too fine so I covered the page with a generous layer of white gesso which I squiggled through using the end of a paint brush, revealing the painted background below. After adding some black splatters, throwing in a few embossed gold splatters, and gluing on the sentiment, the page looked far from completed at which point I added in some more black, clustering cut arrow shapes about the page. To finish the page I added 3 black brads and added some bronze acrylic paint around the edges of the page.

4 comments: