Tuesday 22 November 2016

Sharing my most recent scrapbook layout; I created the watercolored galaxy background thanks to an awesome tutorial by Katie (she's @katiebug92 on instagram) from the Get Messy online community. I also created all the embellishments, using free clipart I found on the web. I have to say, when I was painting the background, it was not coming together the way I visualized it would; I was repeatedly tempted to throw in the towel and start over again on more than one occasion, but I persevered, added the salt to the wet page and once it was all dry, I was very pleasantly pleased with the result. I guess the lesson learned is "go with the flow, don't give up & keep at it". The photo in the layout is of my daughter Rachel and our youngest granddaughter Torah, meeting Col. Hadfield at a booking signing at Indigo in Toronto last night (for a children's book called "The Darkest Dark"). The minute I saw Rachel's FB post, I recalled seeing a watercolour tutorial on the Get Messy website and got busy creating this page & I am very happy with the overall result.

No comments:

Post a Comment